Prior to launching E x p e r i e n c e d . c o m
Professional Software Developer, Project Manager, and Pioneer Web Architect (9 yrs, 2 mo)
SEC Online Inc. – Hauppauge, New York (3 yrs, 2 mo)
Electronic Information Provider / Financial Technology Startup
First company to distribute Security and Exchange Commission filings in full-text via electronic means
— D a n i e l M o n a g h a n —
1988 May – Data Center Manager, Programmer/Analyst (1 yr)
● Streamlined Data Center Operations by conceiving and developing an automated Tape Management System (TMS) with fast-entry user-interface (UI) to manage and track all media received and shipped, print volume labels, shipping labels, and packing slips – ensured 100% accurate and timely distribution with tracking.
● Built daily production status reports for Production Managers detailing every financial document in production sorted by aging and filing importance – ensured attention to highest priority production.
● Authored technical manual (“Data Tape Production Guide”) detailing procedures and guidelines for loading source data to production server and finalizing master tapes for backup and distribution – ensured 100% media reliability for world-wide financial networks: Dow Jones & Company, Standard & Poor’s, Mead Lexus/Nexus, Westlaw, and ICC/London. [Promoted]
1989 May – Lead Programmer/Analyst (+1 yr)
● Customized and optimized mission-critical database applications for client-server Production Dept. system managing 5,000 New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and American Stock Exchange (AMSE) companies, 2,000 NASDAQ and OTC companies, and 40,000 SEC filings – ensured optimal performance on server and workstations.
● Resolved data-entry integrity issues by conceiving and producing ad-hoc quality control reports that identified data-input fields requiring enhanced validation rules – ensuring 100% data integrity and uniformity throughout the Production Dept. system.
● Authored and maintained training manual (“Production Application”) with user-interface (UI) screenshots and captions describing every phase of production, database guidelines, field validation criteria, and built-in production status reports identifying highest priority filings – ensured thorough understanding of the system.
● Authored and maintained technical manual (“Production Database”) detailing database schema, keys, indexes, applications, reports, source code, and maintenance routines – ensured up-to-date software documentation and Administrative procedures.
● Discovered $250K in vendor account overcharges after conceiving and programming Vendor Billing Analytics that identified discrepancies in billed vs. actual data-entry calculations – ensured data-entry billing agreements were upheld and overcharges credited. [Promoted]
1990 May – Database Administrator, Head Developer (+1 yr, 2 mo)
● Interviewed top candidates for new Programmer/Analyst positions, tested their problem solving abilities, and evaluated concept-to-code efficiency; Trained Database Development Team.
● ILT Course Certified Rapid Application Development (RAD) in Oracle and Progress 4GL/SQL – 10-day Intensive Training Seminar (ITS) sponsored by Sequent Computer Systems.
● Deployed state-of-the-art Progress 4GL/SQL Server development platform for Novell NetWare, designed new RDBMS for SEC company profiles and filings, and migrated legacy databases to new SQL Server architecture.
● Developed cross-platform user interface (UI) for new RDBMS in Progress 4GL/SQL (“The Company Resume”) profiling 7,000 SEC companies and serving as the primary index to 40,000 electronic SEC filings; Designed custom command-line interface (CLI) with user-friendly search paradigm for advanced RDBMS queries on our proprietary online platform.
● Authored and maintained technical manual (“The Company Resume”) detailing RDBMS schema and implementation guidelines for inclusion – included on commercial CD-ROM and distributed daily to world-wide financial networks: Dow Jones & Company, Standard & Poor’s, Mead Lexus/Nexus, Westlaw, and ICC/London.
● Authored and maintained technical manual (“Database Administrator’s Guide”) detailing RDBMS schema, keys, indexes, applications, reports, source code, maintenance tasks and responsibilities – ensured database integrity, performance, reliability, and security.
1991 July – SEC Online Inc. acquired by Disclosure Inc. and relocated to Maryland
Weber Systems Inc. – Hauppauge, New York (5 yrs, 11 mo)
Systems Integration & Software Development Firm / Microsoft Solution Provider & Certified Network Engineer
Application Programming in Visual Foxpro for Windows & Mac OS, Visual Basic, Access, SQL Server
1991 Aug – Head Programmer/Analyst, Software Developer (2 yrs)
● Customized AccountMate™ Accounting software modules as per client needs: Accounts Receivable (A/R), Sales Order (S/O), Accounts Payable (A/P), Purchase Order (P/O), General Ledger (G/L), Inventory Control (I/C), Point-of-Sale System (POS).
● Developed AccountMate™ add-in (“Customer Account Query”) with detailed Customer Profiles, Sales, Payments, and Aging; Summary to detail Invoices, Sales Orders, Credits, Payments; Real-time Inventory status with Transactions History.
● Reviewed and discussed software modification requests with clients, examined source code to estimate implementation time, and created detailed Sales Quotes; Modified software upon approval, deployed updates, and Invoiced clients.
● Developed AccountMate™ stand-alone software (“Windows Account Query”) for commercial release with in-depth Customer/Vendor profiles; Purchase, Sales, and Profit Trend-Analysis graphs; Summary to detail Invoices, Sales Orders, Credits, Payments, Purchase Orders; Real-time Inventory status with Transaction History, and Account notepad with time-stamping. [Promoted]
1993 Aug – Project Manager, Sr. Software Developer (+2 yrs)
● Interviewed top candidates for new Programmer/Analyst positions, tested their problem solving abilities, and evaluated concept-to-code efficiency; Trained and managed Software Development Team.
● Developed Issue Tracking System (ITS) Windows software for Seaman’s Furniture (National Retailer) with multi-user login, ticket tracking, priority sorting, time-stamped notes, ticket alerts, work assignment report, and Administrative back-end; Migrated and developed into ITS Windows software (“911 Help Desk”) for commercial release.
● Developed Contact Manager (CM) Windows software (“3-2-1 Contact”) for commercial release with user account roles and privileges, customizable fields, contact grouping, call scheduling, automated dialing, contact notepad with time-stamping, advanced search, and 3rd party software integration.
● Developed Content Management System (CMS) Mac OS software (“Course Manager”) for New York University’s School of Continuing Education (SCE) faculty bios, courses, and class schedules; Developed add-in (“Quark Layout”) that auto-inserts markup tags for Designer/Printer – CMS automation cut production time and publication cost in half.
● Developed Warehouse Management (WMS) and Inventory Control (ICS) System for Fox’s Designer Clothing (National Retailer) to capture and analyze point-of-sale data from retail stores with multi-site auto polling, real-time Inventory Tracking and Control, bar-code integration, advanced sales and inventory analytics reports.
1995 – THE INTERNET AGE
April 30, 1995 – The National Science Foundation (NSF) decommissions its NSFNET Internet backbone, lifts restriction on commercial use of the network, and turns operations over to the private sector – the Internet commercial Internet officially launches and is open for business. By year-end, four prolific eCommerce sites launch: Amazon, Craigslist, eBay, and Match.com. Netscape’s historic IPO and Microsoft’s FREE Internet Explorer 1.0 also debut.
1995 Aug – Project Manager, Web Architect (+1 yr, 11mo)
● Deployed TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SQL Server and Internet Information Server (IIS) for Windows NT Server in-house; R&D Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) to SQL Server over Internet, ColdFusion, and WebLink DB-to-Web CGI apps.
● Developed company website for ‘WeberSystems’ in-house on Windows NT/IIS platform; Evaluated Web Hosting providers and launched website on Linux/Apache platform.
● Developed and launched e-Directory site for CosmeticIndex® with categorical business listings, classified ads, industry news, and advertiser sign-up forms – one of the first beauty directories on the Internet.
● Developed Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) for Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Online Physician Referral Guide – their first searchable database-driven web platform; Designed and structured DB schema from unstructured data files; Imported, parsed, cleaned, and formatted data for SQL Server connectivity to web server.
● R&D e-Commerce platforms, shopping cart systems, electronic catalogs, and dynamic website platforms for Windows NT/IIS and Linux/Apache servers; Developed and launched e-Commerce store for ‘1StopShop’ with first open-source shopping cart system on Linux/Apache/MySQL/Perl (LAMP) stack.
● Developed and launched e-Commerce store for CosmeticMall® with full-featured shopping cart system, product search and browse, shipping rates, tax calculation, customer accounts, SSL encrypted pages, PGP encrypted orders, and cross-browser compatibility – one of the first beauty stores on the Internet.
● Developed Web Content Management System (WCMS) Mac OS software add-in (“Web Layout”) for New York University’s School of Continuing Education (SCE) that auto-inserts HTML markup tags and outputs faculty bios, courses, and class schedules for SQL Server connectivity to web server.
1997 July 3rd – Respectfully resigned (4 weeks notice 6/30)
1997 July 5th – Launched E x p e r i e n c e d . c o m––
Commenced development of MyWebManager™ Content Management System (CMS) for dynamic websites
Click here for Web App Development History
— D a n i e l M o n a g h a n —
Sr. Consulting Analyst ◊ Web Architect ◊ SEO Engineer ◊ Cybersecurity CSX
Share this on...